Take Over Volume Único. São Paulo: Lafonte, 2011.
In a single volume, this book is designed for English students in their final years of secondary school (Ensino Médio) in Brazil.
Orienting this book is the assumption that learners need to take control of their learning process if they want to achieve positive results. The objective of Take Over is therefore to guide English learners not only in their processes of developing English skills and knowledge to facilitate their access to the world of information and work, but also in their development of autonomous learning, critical thinking and sense of citizenship. The development of learner strategies is also a key factor in the conceptualization of this book.
Take Over Volume Único contains 24 units organised around the following sections:
- In Context: contextualization of the unit’s topic
- In Power: introduction of main reading strategy presented in the unit
- In Action: main reading text, followed by comprehension activities
- Further Action: further opportunities to practice reading strategies and develop critical thinking
- In Focus: vocabulary learning and practice
- In Use: gramar learning and practice
- In Synch: connections between the theme of the unit and new technologies such as websites, e-mail, blogs etc.
- Integrating: language skills development (listening, speaking, writing)
- In Charge: reading task for autonomous work
Supplementary materials include additional reading, listening, writing and speaking activities; hints for strategy application and development; lists of discourse markers, irregular verbs and phrasal verbs; audioscript, answer key, glossary, suggestions for further reading and bibliography.
For more information click here.