Take Over 3 – 2a edição – São Paulo, Escala Educacional, 2013
Coleção aprovada no PNLD 2015.
Orienting this book is the assumption that learners need to take control of their learning process if they want to achieve positive results. The objective of Take Over is therefore to guide English learners not only in their processes of developing English knowledge and skills to facilitate their access to the world of information and work, but also in their development of autonomous learning, critical thinking and sense of citizenship. The development of learner strategies is also a key factor in the conceptualization of this book.
Take Over 3 is written for the first year in Ensino Médio in Brazil and contains 8 units around the following themes:
- Language in society
- Do something amazing
- Crime and punishment
- Are you money smart?
- Role models
- The seventh art
- What will your generation be remembered for?
Each unit is organised around the following sections:
- In Context: contextualization of the unit’s topic
- In Power: introduction of main reading strategy presented in the unit
- In Action: main reading text, followed by comprehension activities
- Further Action: further opportunities to practice reading strategies and develop critical thinking
- In Focus: vocabulary learning and practice
- In Use: grammar learning and practice
- In Synch: connections between the theme of the unit and new technologies such as websites, e-mail, blogs etc.
- Integrating: language skills development (listening, speaking, writing)
- In Charge: reading task for autonomous work
Supplementary materials include additional reading, listening, writing and speaking activities; hints for strategy application and development; suggestions for projects; song; discussion about the role of English at the workplace; culture matters; lists of discourse markers, irregular verbs and phrasal verbs; audioscript, answer key, glossary, suggestions for further reading and bibliography.