Ensino de Língua Inglesa: Foco em estratégias. São Paulo: DISAL, 2012.
Written in Portuguese for teachers of English, this book argues that the use of strategies can facilitate both the learning and the use of the English language. It offers theoretical and practical information about the development of reading, writing, listening and speaking strategies in the English class.
The book starts with a broad yet concise discussion of learner strategies: what they involve, how they can be studied, what we know about them from research in language education. Following that preliminary discussion the book then presents and discusses 15 strategies for the development of each of the four language skills (reading, writing, listening, speaking).
The discussion of all the strategies presented in this book follows this organization:
- Presentation of a learning event that allows the application of the strategy
- Discussion of the strategy more generally and specifically in relation to the learning event
- Ideas on how to combine the strategy in focus with other strategies in order to maximize language learning and/or use
- Suggestions for further practice of the strategy in the classroom
- Suggestions for additional sources for strategy practice and learning
→ In Brazil, the book can be purchased directly from the publisher or from major bookshops or distributors.
→ Out of Brazil, the book is available on www.amazon.co.uk.