Como Escrever Melhor em Inglês – Estratégias 3 // São Paulo: DISAL, 2012.
Written in Portuguese, the series Estratégias (Strategies) presents and discusses procedures that can facilitate the learning and use of the English language in its four skills (reading, writing, listening and speaking).
The series is written for those with different levels of proficiency in English: those with a lower proficiency level may learn about ways of dealing with spoken and written communication more effectively; those with a higher proficiency level (including teachers of English) can find both theoretical information and practical suggestions that may help enhance their teaching of learner strategies.
This volume – Como escrever melhor em inglês – is the third volume in the series and it focuses on writing strategies. Each of the 40 writing strategies presented in the book is organised as follows:
- Presentation of a writing situation that poses a challenge for the writer
- Discussion of the writing strategy more generally and also in relation to its application in the writing situation
- Exercises for further practice of the strategy in focus
- Suggestions for supplementary activities
Some of the strategies presented in this book are:
- Getting ready for writing
- Reflecting about the organisation of a text
- Using a word processor
- Considering differences between writing and speech
- Taking notes
- Giving and receiving feedback
→ In Brazil, the book can be purchased directly from the publisher or from major bookshops or distributors.