Bons Negócios: Português do Brasil para o mundo do trabalho (co-authored with Gláucia V. Silva). São Paulo: DISAL, 2013
The objective of this book is to develop learners' basic knowledge of the Portuguese language for oral and written communication for business purposes. The book is written for those who work or will work in Brazil and contains material ranging from elementary to intermediate level in Portuguese. It is designed for both classroom use and self-study.
The book contains:
- 20 units organised around relevant themes at work (e.g., presentations, negotiations, dealing with problems).
- 2 CDs for oral comprehension and pronunciation practice para prática de compreensão oral e pronúncia.
- Activities for conversation practice.
- Systematic work on reading and writing.
- Exercises and clear explanations about grammar.
- Cultural notes.
- Appendix containing mini-grammar, answer key, audio script and glossary (Portuguese-English).
For a review of the book click here
→ In Brazil, the book can be purchased directly from the publisher or from major bookshops or distributors.